Saturday, October 15, 2016

Brass Bells.......


The garden bells were held together by a strong string.  The string did weather and I found these on the ground a month later.   I have one single bell still hanging there.  I really like the sound of bells when they are made of brass.  I am assuming they were made in India.  I have a personal challenge to take them in and use some cleaner on them to make them shine.  They never had a shine on them but air does turn brass to this color quite easily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear bells, chimes etc. Sometimes John will take one of his old (too small) belts and cut it into thin strips to use to hold yard signs and windchimes back together after the string breaks. Glad you found these!

Valerie said...

I didn't know that about brass losing its colour. I live and learn. I have chimes in my garden, love to hear them ringing when the wind gets at them.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...