Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Gift......


It was our last day to clear the storeroom of our upstairs.  The bulk of it has been packed and moved or was placed in the dumpster. A remaining guitar and a two empty boxes is all that is left in that room.  A candy can that had been in the boy's room years ago was opened by me during the last cleaning.
 
I thought the can was full of pennies just like the other can that I have moved home.  Instead of pennies, there were all these valuable marbles. I do not know the story behind these but I think my younger son could give me some clues.  This bowl full has a lot of marbles of different times.  The older ones are scattered through all the cat eyes and game marbles.

It will be fun to take the time to sort and study the marbles.  There are some large marbles, shooters, in the collection.  I do remember buying bags of marbles at garage sales in my early years and I think some of them are those. I kind of wondered where they all had gone.  I sure hope that it was me that put those marbles into the can and my mind let the memory go.  The can has a decoration on the side showing the date to be 1988.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy this guy's blog today:
http://crazymountainman.blogspot.com/2017/04/sunday-stroll-tulip-time.html

You know I love marbles. What a great find in the can.
I have the same placemats as you, too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a fun find! They are pretty, and so many different kinds. I have a marble collection, have loved them since a kid. Each type have a name.

Betsy Brock said...

A very fum surprise! I don't know enough about marbles to tell the valuable ones from the ordinary ones. They all look cool to me!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you still have those wonderful marbles.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...