Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Splash of Gold.....


The large marigolds are doing well as they surround my tomato plants. The thought is that the flowers ward off the insects from the tomato plants. What I found last night that the Japanese beetles had returned and were again chewing on the blooms. I had gone out in the evening to take photographs and I had to return to get the spray to kill the bugs.

For those who don't follow my Creative Zone this is the raised bed of tomatoes with the various kinds of marigolds planted on the edges. I do need to take an up to date photo of the tomato/flower bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The neighbor girl gave us marigolds similar to this that are doing well. The beetles are mostly chewing on our crepe myrtle. Forgot to say on your other post how nice and big your tomatoes are. I hope they ripen soon! I also love the zinnias you pictured there.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The marigolds are gorgeous! So are they working?

The Furry Gnome said...

Those are sure bright flowers!

Reflection