Saturday, July 22, 2017

Bright Yellows......


The goldfinches join the sock feeder once in a while but the majority of the birds are the house finches. You can see the tail ends of the house finches in this shot.

I don't have visual evidence at this time but we see many newly hatched young finches and house finches at this feeder. I wonder how that might change the behaviors of the young ones as they do have to learn how to find seed in the wild.  I saw an adult goldfinch on my coneflowers last night while I was out with Barney.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

I think feeding on wild is best for birds than picking from feeders... Lovely shots on the goldfinches

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are really like a jewel in nature! Beautiful shots!

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...