Thursday, July 20, 2017

Picture This...


When you shoot through windows, there is a greater chance of things being out of focus. The lead photo that I wanted to share was not focused so I will start with this one. I have stopped feeding the birds with the main feeder of various seeds. My neighbor doesn't like birds near his garden and since we live 14 feet away house to house, I decided not to feed them the rest of the summer.  He or his wife put a fake owl out to ward off birds.  Because of that this sparrow decides to try eating from the sock feeder.

They seem to be desperate as the two young house finches and the one sparrow are working the same area all at once. I am still getting goldfinches at the sock once in a while so I am going to keep the thistle seed feeding going. It is on the opposite end of the deck and it isn't drawing in very many birds. This is the blurry shot and I have found you can post it small and it looks better.

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

But who doesn't like birds. Sad. But I'm glad you thought of a compromise.

Dianna said...

Interesting that your neighbors do not want birds because of their garden. We have a garden and the only birds that bother it are crows.

Anyway...I didn't realize that birds other than goldfinches would eat at the sock feeder. I guess if they are hungry they will try whatever is available.

Bouquet