Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Praying...Mantis.


I have lived all my life in Iowa and I really never noticed that we had this insect until these last few years. I took the photo know that something green was on it. After editing the photo I finally noticed it was praying mantis. While researching the spelling of the insect I see that they exist worldwide and that there are many different kinds of families of them. I remember seeing them in books and magazines but I thought they were larger than this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great capture!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, they are very big around here. And there are different colors and types. Mostly brown and green Yours looks like a baby! And he looks like he is actually praying to this Clematis!

Dianna said...

That is a small one but definitely is a Praying Mantis. We have them here as well.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture! Every year I see two or three of them.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.