Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Giant Swallowtail......


When I researched the kind of butterfly that this is, I found giant swallowtail was its name.  It is a very large butterfly. It is a busy one that is hard to photograph.  It continually flaps its wings while feeding.



The body on this one is whitish.  I do think I have seen this variety before but I don't think I ever was able to get photos.  I did a lot of blind shots, shooting without waiting to see if it was in focus, because it wouldn't stay put for very long.

4 comments:

Jeevan said...

Spectacular shots! Interesting perspective over the butterfly and blooms

Karen said...

Fantastic photos! You had some very cooperative butterflies.

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing! Never seen one.

Anonymous said...

Marvellous.

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...