Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Morning, Mourning Dove,,,


I have a mourning dove that hangs around my rock garden area.  It may be my imagination but I think there is a nest in the shrub which I have yet to find.  When I am out working in the front yard it hangs around, close, on the stone ledge and in the rocky areas.  In reality it probably is hunting for insects to eat and is a young bird. This was Sunday morning and I was busy watching for humming birds when I saw this beauty just sitting on the deck ledge. The sunlight was at just the right angle to cause the colors of the feathers to be browner that what is normally viewed.

The dove could have been watching the movements of three or more hummingbirds that seem to be fighting for the use of the feeder.

2 comments:

claude said...

A beautiful bird which looks like the doves of Martinique Island.
No hummingbirds aver here but in Martinique, yes.

Anonymous said...

At a former house, we had so many mourning doves. I loved to hear them.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...