Saturday, September 16, 2017

Old Things......


An image of bottles, a collection of history, that shows the various uses of glass. The yellow one is not glass but ceramic. But the rest are glass. It is a spontaneous shot as some of the bottles look dirty and most were stowed in various boxes.  I started sitting them on this corner of the shelf to see what I had moved. They also are sitting there waiting for my "after the move high grading" process. Our friends, Norm and Heidi, have five kids. When they first visited my blog, the kids saw my old bottles collection posted.  The remembered seeing old bottles down west of where they lived and started collecting old medicine bottles.  They either found a garbage burn site or a pharmacy dump site in a ditch nearby where they found dozens of very old little bottles. That site had to be 80 years old or more. The family has now moved to New Mexico and I sure miss them. I wondered if the old bottles were packed and moved with them.  Some of the bottles had 1800's dates on them.


3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Some of these bottles could bring quite a bit of money. I see a 7 Up bottle, I don't know if they even make it anymore, haven't seen it in ages.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these old bottles. Brother (Larry) once lived on Lake Hartwell and there was an area on the property where we found a lot of old, small bottles - very interesting. Happy Saturday evening.

Jeevan said...

Look you inspired the kids to collect those old bottles… nowadays the glass bottles are turned into plastics. These are I am sure very strong bottles

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...