Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Special Effects......



Sometimes the unplanned things can create an abstract work that is just great to see.  Our "knock out" roses have revived one more time putting out great flowers.


I was not such a fan of this kind of rose and now that I live in the big city I have learned to appreciate them. The businesses everywhere use them in their landscapes and they do look good the majority of the time.  Their ability to rebound from dry spells or even harsh winters makes them a good choice. I cut one down to the ground and it came back as a hearty rose.  I never kept many roses alive at the old place as they would freeze out. They seem to be flourishing again as our fall weather starts to kick in and I am guessing that I need to cut them back to get them ready for winter.

3 comments:

claude said...

Wow ! Very pretty !

The Furry Gnome said...

Interesting abstract!

Jeevan said...

Yes, they are beautiful to watch and nice reblooming roses

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...