Saturday, October 7, 2017

Late Travelers.....


The monarch migrations were going on a few weeks ago.  Two of these guys showed up at my zinnia patch yesterday.  I guess they still could make it south, but the group of butterflies did not go through here. I use to have migrations at the old house but that stopped a few years ago.  It was said they were now following the Missouri River, over by Council Bluffs/Omaha area.

Evidence of a difficult time that I had taking the shots is shown here. The two were hyper and would flit around to find food. I tossed a dozen shots that were just blurred because they kept flapping their wings in and out. Once in a while they would open their wings wide for a second. Even so they opened they immediately shut them up again causing me to have a blurred shot. I really did not expect to see these butterflies now in October. I do suppose they are new butterflies that had came from eggs that were laid a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

STUNNING!!! Still hot here, and lots of butterflies.

CountryMum said...

Ohhh... I love the first photo. Just stunning.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.