Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Replicas..........


The ornaments were bought in the 70's.  At that time I didn't know much about the early creations of glass blown ornaments.  Now I know that they were creating replicas of things made in the 40's.

The Santa too is a duplicate of an older design. If something is 45 years old now I am sure these could be found in the antique shops today. The mustache on the Santa is an interesting part of the design. Some of the old German creators of ornaments did sell their companies and molds. One company, Christopher  Radko, just started up their business again using a lot of their original forms that made the glass blown ornaments.

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Yes indeed. We have enough of those to fill several Christmas trees. My moms, my mother in law and sever aunts plus our own. It so hard to downsize now with all the memories...;)

Jeevan said...

These are cute ones and the Santa looks unique than what we get in market today. Good to see all still undamaged!

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...