Monday, January 22, 2018

Four Square Design......


It is a solid table, blocky looking with bracing at all of the right places. It has sturdy wood pieces and the top was made to hold a metal wash tub.  I salvaged it a log time ago, maybe 35 years or more. It was made for the wash room of a basement making the design fit its purpose. I find it useful to use for all the times I build things. It is my sawhorse with a flat top.  I put it out on the patio and set my miter saw on it. I think that there is a saw notch in it when I used a circle saw to cut a board and the table top at the same time. I keep thinking that I want to repurpose it and make it be more sophisticated but people buy rustic things like this at antique stores. They want it  just because of the weathered look. It is a perfect design that represents the long taught design principle that "form follows function”.

1 comment:

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a very practical table.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...