Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Caboose......


This is the caboose from the toy train that was given to me and my brother at Christmas time. I am thinking that it was the year 1957 in which I would have been seven and my brother would have been 10 years old.

The red plastic appears to be as good as new even though it is 60 years old. I am assuming that it was bought at a Coast to Coast store. There was a Gambles Store then as well as Western Auto but I think they might not of carried the train set. I am presently trying to figure out what brand of train that it is. I know it isn’t a Lionel as they put their name on the side of the cars from what I see on the internet.

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your sky header is gorgeous! How wonderful that you still have this train. And it looks very well taken care of. I hope you can find out more about it.

troutbirder said...

Oh my .... I have a Lionel 027 caboose given to me for Christmas in 1948. My son inherited it recently and the grand children are playing with in it Arizona... Such memories. :)

The Furry Gnome said...

I have a similar old train set dating from the 50's, though it's rather battered. I must have played with it a lot. It has metal cars.

Jeevan said...

Very catchy in red and glad to see it still undamaged! You preserve things really well and keep it up

CountryMum said...

It looks still in very good condition for 60 years. You were very careful with your toys as a 10 year old evidently.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.