Monday, January 1, 2018

Sunlight on January 1st.........


The sun is shining this morning on this cold morning. It is -19 degrees Fahrenheit but the sun shines.  I will take it. The shadows on the snow and the glow on some sides of the fences gives evidence to the sun I can't see. The back side of the green house is in full sunlight too.  The wandering fences remind me of the country's colonial days when they would build fences around settlements and then even around their properties inside the settlement. It looks a little like a maze.

The row of houses to the east of us are not built on lots that are perfectly in line with our lots. The foreground fence is actually three feet to the south of the one in the neighboring yard.  If I every get a fence put in on my left side of the property it will be six to eighth foot out of align with he neighbor on the other side.  It will take a full fence section to cover up the neighbors wire fence. That is another reason why we are able to see through two houses to see the next street over one block.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I love the evergreens dusted with snow

Christine said...

What a lovely light! Hoping 2018 is a very happy new year for you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Those fence shadows on the snow are beautiful! And oh my GOSH!!!! Your header is simply gorgeous!! It is SO beautiful, and represents going home to me. We have Canada Geese that live here year round, and they fly over our house twice a day.

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Larry, Happy New Year to you and Della! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your very kind words! I really like this photo of such a beautiful winter day...especially your evergreen tree. The neighbor's trees compliment it nicely. So glad you are enjoying your new home!

Anonymous said...

The fences do remind me of days spent wandering around colonial Williamsburg. Your temp is mighty cold today. We were at 20 this morning with snow flurries. I will be taking a blog break as it is too cold to get out to take photos to share. I'll be visiting with you though during my posting break. Have a great first day of the new year.

The Furry Gnome said...

I could use a bit more sunshine around here!

Valerie said...

At least you had sunshine to brighten the scene. I think the sun has deserted my garden.

Jeevan said...

Wow! Such beautiful capture on the outdoor and I really loved the image, neat fences and light on the cold morning… delightful warmth

Reflection