Thursday, February 8, 2018

At the Feeder.....


A male house finch seems to be enjoying its seed.  The feeder is a new one that lets him sit in a tray to pick up his food.


The female sits on the other side.  She is busy digging to find the best seed in the batch. I can spot them out there as a pair in the trees, which is something new that I had not seen before. We rarely had them at the old place as they preferred eating at the grain storage silos at the other side of town with shelled corn. The new feeder is a cobbled together, recycle wood one that I put together yesterday afternoon.  I threw away that plastic thing that the birds could not land on and eat from.

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This one is really sturdy and nicely built. So much easier for the birds.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you both are sick. I pray that you feel better soon. I always enjoy your bird photography. John is having complications from diabetes, that is why I am taking a blog break.

Stairsway to the Top....

 The stairway view is amazing. It is designed to make a dramatic entry to the east side of the hospital. A wonderful sclupture hangs down th...