Monday, April 13, 2009

Waiting for the Light...

My wife and I escaped to the bookstore today for some rest and relaxation. I am excited when I find books that help me be a better photographer. I have the skills to see good photos but sometimes it takes more than that to get a good shot. Sure, I know that sometimes it is just plain accidental art. I found a book today by David Noton that was very interesting to read and to view his photos. He has lived in many places but England is his base home place. What I liked was his philosophy about taking pictures. The title itself explains that the waiting for the light to be perfect is the solution to get the best shot. Working for the mood, atmosphere, the special effect takes time and patience. I believe he has the experience to know that the best shot is always many moments later to just around the corner. He has lens sizes that I could only dream of owning, but it is fun to see his results.
The above photo is from my garden and it took patience to find the just right composition. It was difficult to get the two colors of coneflowers and the black-eyed susan to be perfectly aligned. There really was only one place in the entire mound of flowers that allowed me to get that picture. I am anxious to see the flowers blooming again. If you want to check the web about Noton's book I left you a web site connection.

David Noton-Waiting for the Light

2 comments:

ELAINE ERIG said...

Waiting for the ligth is a beautiful title..the photos are very bright.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Larry, Very nice photograph! :)

Reflection