Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flag Iris....


The rain destroyed an iris that I was going to share today so I will wait for a new bloom to merge. This flag iris was given to me by a neighbor. This plant is their major plant of the one of their garden areas and it is so crowded in the area. I was given, no I took from their garbage with their permission, one of the clumps that they had discarded. It is a soft lavender blue and this is the first year in two years that it actually bloomed. I like the weathered fence texture as the background for the plant. I have a relative that wants me to take some starts of their flag iris bed from their garden but I don't know what the color of it will be. I can plant it somewhere else as it is a great specimen plant and it really doesn't matter what color as the price is right....

No comments:

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.