Friday, August 28, 2009

Fading Zinnias.....

This zinnia is in need to be dead headed soon. I have been told by garden show people, I watch a lot of garden shows especially in the winter, and that it encourages more blooms. The color scheme in that flower is such a wonderful value study, or maybe intensity study.
This fellow is weathered and weary but makes a great composition with the Martha Stewart whites in the background. I really like dahlia's and I think that zinnia's have given me a good substitute for them this year.

3 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Beautiful colours even at this late stage. It almost seems a shame to dead-head them.

Ezhilan said...

The colorful zinnia flowers looks beautiful.Many years ago we have some zinnia plants with big flowers.Because of the long stems,the plants easily fell to the ground, when the wind is heavy!

The Retired One said...

I don't have these in my garden. The Carp River Botanical garden that I featured in my blog had a lot of them, so I might have to put some in my own...I really like the diversity of the colors they come in.

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.