Sunday, August 30, 2009

Relaxed and Retired....

We have lost track of how old Yellow Kitty is. We should have called her Orange Kitty, but she is a sweet old cat. We are down to the basics now, eating and sleeping. I wanted to throw this chair away but she loves it and it is her favorite spot, other than being in her wooden barn. She moves all day to dodge the hot sun, but some days she moves to stay in the sun. Her teeth are almost gone and we baby her all day with soft foods to keep her going. She walks around fine but she was so matted over the winter that I had to give her a haircut with pet scissors. He coat is looking really good again. When we had the special needs Manx cat, she was kind of put on the back burner but now she is our center of attention again.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Lovely old cat. It's heartbreaking when animals get old. I'm pleased you pamper her now.

Sunny said...

What a pretty kitty. She looks very much loved.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

I really love cats. We had two for years and they died within 6 months of each other. I haven't gotten over losing them yet, and it has been over 7 years ago. I don't want to get another one yet, as we want to do some traveling in our retirement for a few years yet..so when we get old and can't travel, I will definitely want to get another two!!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...