Friday, August 7, 2009

The three stages......


My William Baffin rose has revived for it's second bloom. It is having problems. It was huge and green everywhere, and the full front half has now died. I think it actually got too much water from off of the shed. The thing was so much alive and now half dead sticks. I will use my new reciprocating saw on it to get the dead canes out. I am going to put an eave trough up to drain the water away to the other side of the shed. Usually in a normal season I am carrying water for it but not this year.
The photo that I shot was one that you take when you reach way high and hope your are getting it all in the frame. I really didn't notice until I started to prepare the picture that you have an early bloom, bud stage, a recently opened stage and the fading opened for a few days stage.

4 comments:

claude said...

Rosetress bneed water. Mine (I cut whe dead flowers when I came bask home from Utah) are growing again.
Whan I was fruits or vegetables and salads I save the durty water in a water-pot and I water my rosetress with it. The other days I save three water pots of 12 litres.
We get rain from roofs of house and greenhouse in rainbarrels to water the kitchengarden, flowers, plants and trees.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Jimmy said...

beautiful photo Larry. I may have to research William Baffin to see how it does in NC.

Ezhilan said...

It's interesting to see the three stages in one place. Looks beautiful.

The Retired One said...

Ooooo...I just pressed my nose to my laptop and I swear I could smell your roses. Yum.

Reflection