Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bar Harbor

We are back from the wedding out in the Bar Harbor area. We had a long day yesterday of waiting in airports and three flights to get home. We left Portland, Me at 11 am and arrived in Des Moines, Ia at 9 pm.
Thanks to all of you for your comments on my scheduled pictures. My speed got them scheduled before I left but the accuracy may not have been so great in the writing of the copy.
We had a wonderful time in Maine and our son and his wife from Chicago was there also, so the whole family was all together. It was a great wedding and was so good to meet our new daughter-in-law's family. They are so nice. It was hard leaving our youngest son behind but he is now a grown married man living in a beautiful land. We will plan to go visit Aaron and Keegan as often as possible.
The harbor and the ocean is so fascinating and I have lots of pictures. I do mean it when I say that I have lots of pictures. It is good to be back.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Welcome back!
Did you learn to speak like a Mainah and have chowdah in Bah Habah?
Sunny :)

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful time. I love this photo of the harbor....I love to be by the water, any water...the ocean, the bay, a river, pond, lake, harbor....I get such a peaceful easy feeling when I am around water.

Gigi Ann said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a lovely time with the family.

The picture of the Harbor is beautiful. The water looks very relaxing...

I will look forward for some more lovely pictures of Maine.

We were from Maryland and moved to Iowa 11 years ago. We like it here, but, we also miss the children and grandchildren.

Alan Burnett said...

Echo my comments on your other blog. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures and seeing more of your photographs.

The Retired One said...

I am loving all your Maine photos!!

Reflection