Sunday, September 13, 2009

Impatience.......


When I found this dented rusty graniteware pan, the bottom of a double boiler, out in an old farmstead yard, I never dreamed it would work so well for these plants. I did drill a few holes in the bottom so it wouldn't get water logged.



As the summer winds down they are holding their own. If they had been in the ground they would have been weathered and dried up.



I hope that I can bring it in before the frost and keep it going for a while in the house. The furnace will take it down pretty fast.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Impatience has such delicate flowers. They grew really well in my window boxes. Good luck with it.
Sunny :)

Gigi Ann said...

What a lovely bunch of impatiences. As you already know, I do not have a green thumb, but love flowers in all their beauty.

The Retired One said...

I like them,they are an old fashioned flower garden staple. Their blooms are delicate and I like their pastel shades.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...