Thursday, September 3, 2009

OTTER CLIFF.........

We were able to take a trail out along the coastline of the island. This part of the island is in the Acadia National Park. The Rockafeller's owned the land on the island that became the National Park. I will talk more about that later. We were able to walk out onto the cliffs and see these sights of the ocean. Just to our left was a buoy that had a bell in it and it rang continually along with the call of the seagulls. My wife took a picture of my fat self sitting close to the edge of one of the cliffs taking pictures, to prove that if I fell she wouldn't get blamed for the accident. It was windy and beautiful. Most of the rocks are granite, tombstone material, as the island is believed to be a former volcano. Click on the photo and see the beauty of these rocks and water.
The new camera took great landscapes. It is a 10 megapixel so it takes much longer to download photos, but the quality is great so it is worth the wait. My camera kept going to sleep on me so I need to check the manual to see if I can change that setting. I had to wake it up instead of getting an instant spontaneous photo. Maine is beautiful along the ocean shoreline.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think a new camera should be doing that. Hope you have a warranty. 10 pixels is nice! Mine is only 6...

What a stunningly beautiful view!

claude said...

Very nice cliff, Larry. beautiful stones.
I like to see a cliff from low not from the top...

Alan Burnett said...

The new camera certainly seems to be doing its stuff. Before you get them you always think "I will never need all those pixels" but in no time you greedily eat up every last pixel they can give.

Linda said...

Great shot, but best of all is your wife's sense of humour. A woman after my own heart.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

Larry..that cliff shot is awesome, good thing you stayed put! Your new camera seems to be a winner, as the shots are great.

Sunny said...

I love the rugged beauty of the Maine coast. This is a great shot.
Sunny :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photo.. you will like your new camera! Your wife is quite a gal..LOL..sometimes you just have to get the photograph! These cliffs of stone are very pretty:)

OiseauBird said...

Tres belles ces photos de l'ocean
j'aime aussi la couleur de cette falaise

The Retired One said...

AWESOME!
I am afraid of heights, so if I was there I would be torn between wanting to get shots on the edge and being scared to death! Your new camera looks good. Mine is a 10 megapixel too...it makes a difference, doesn't it?

Reflection