Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Botanical Center Visit


My wife and I escaped Iowa by going into the Des Moines Botanical Center.  At the end of our visit we were gazing down at the water feature with koi, and this beauty floated into my lens view.  I have enough koi photos to bore you all for a very long time. 


Croton, is the name of this plant.  One can buy them and take them home but they don't like it inside of a home with winter heat.  They do well in the very humid and warm botanical center.

5 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hi Larry
my garden at home in Noosa and here in Kauai is full of crotons, of varied colours and leaf shapes and all bright and cheerful...

Happy days

claude said...

I have thee Koï in my pound.
I tried to have a cronton plant atr home but with no succes. I can see a lot in Martinique island where I shall go in next October.

Sunny said...

All the lovely colors of fish and plants are such a welcomed change from white!
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

Loved the color in both of these shots....you can continue to "bore" me..I look forward to it. :-}

Far Side of Fifty said...

Must be like me and my wild flower photos..I can never have too many..but other people could be a tad bored! :)

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.