Saturday, June 19, 2010

Backyard view......


There has been not lack of water this year for the plants to grow. The ditch lilies are about to bloom and the phlox is starting to mildew from so much moisture. The Asian lily is going strong, the one in orange, and right next to it the yellow one will take over once the orange one is done.   The fog is actually my burgers burning on the grill. It is almost ghost like but it is just smoke.  Strong winds today took a chunk out of my chokecherry tree and I have a few other branches to get picked up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful view of your yard. I bet your dogs enjoyed smelling what you cooked on the grill! Hope you have a great weekend.

Christine H. said...

That garden and burgers on the barbecue; what could be better!

claude said...

Beautiful backyard, Larry.
We have got a lot of rain too.
Have a nice week-end, with no rain !

Valerie said...

It's lovely, Larry. It must be lovely to wander round examining all your plants. I'm sure I can smell burgers burning....

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your back yard looks very lovely, peaceful and a nice place to sit and contemplate life. I thought the whispy stuff was mist or fog. Smoke from the grilling of hamburgers is making me hungry, and I've not even had morning coffee yet.

Have a great weekend.

FlowerLady

The Retired One said...

Wow, Larry, you sure have a green thumb...it looks like a tropical garden park!!
And wow, now I am craving a bbq'd hamburger. ha

Far Side of Fifty said...

You can mix up some baking soda in water, it will help with the powdery mildew..it is the rain and not enough air flow that makes the powdery mildew worse. 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda in a gallon of water and about a 1/2 teaspoon of Dawn Dish soap as a surfacant to help spread the baking soda mixture. Spray once a week until you can cut down some areas of the phlox after they have bloomed.:)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...