Sunday, May 8, 2011

A peach tree adventure.............

Mr. Randall's Peach Tree
I ran an errand today to pick up something for Mr. Randall and to deliver it to him.  He is an elderly friend and I am glad I was able to help him.  I couldn't find him when I arrived and he had shuffled himself out to his workshop to glue some pieces of wood together to make a table top.  He is so shufflely, if you catch my drift,  but he had gotten himself in a corner with the glued board project and he couldn't get out of his work area.   The boards he had glued together had blocked his exit from the area and he was just standing there saying I can get out of here, but no it really wasn't possible.

I had to move a large settle bench out of the way and move other things against the wall so he could leave his work area. We had to go see his young peach trees and all the blossoms.  I took his picture standing among his young peach trees.  I left a lot worried about his fate but he has others who keep an eye on him.  I am just glad I went over today.

7 comments:

♥AMBre said...

Magnifique !

Maryhocam said...

The photograph is beautiful and the story that goes with it very poignant. People getting elderly, and living on their own can be quite a cause for concern. They need to hold their independence for a long as possible but often, at the same time, need care.

Valerie said...

Poor man. Thank goodness you went when you did, Larry. Love the peach tree. I've never seen the blossom before - we don't have peach trees where I live.

Anonymous said...

You are a good neighbor and friend, Larry. These blossoms are the prettiest I've seen this Spring. Thank you for sharing them with us.

L. D. said...

We live in a borderline zone of 4 0r 5 and peach trees aren't always successful here. This is a small white peach that it produces which reminds me of our hearty ones we had in southern Iowa when I was a kid.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

You always leave the most heartfelt comments on my kitty blog...I luv them! And your post today just reminds us that every day is a day we can end knowing we helped someone,,,cat, dog or human!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stunning photo..pure perfection! So glad you were there to help your friend:)

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.