Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not just a bucket.....

but a work of art.

This is a bucket my brother had purchased and used while he was doing work for construction.  I don't quite know what job it was used for but maybe it was needed to add water to cement mixtures to make concrete.

I have a lot of plastic buckets so it wasn't a need that I bring it home but it wasn't going to be tossed in the landfill either. In closing the house down one just can't toss good things.  As time goes on the rough looking bucket has made it into the house.  I like it.  I think a lot of my plastic buckets are full of dirty old antique bottles or rocks from my dad's collection.  I think I even have a bucket full of aquarium rocks.

This reminds me of the farm when I was a kid when things were made from the galvanized metal.  It is sturdy unlike my plastic bucket and it really is a sound design. It looks crude in the dining room on a fancy carpet but I guess I can look rough around the edges once in a while and I still stay in the house. No I don't store it in the dining room, I was just carrying water to the humidifier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for keeping this bucket. Daddy had one very similar and I wish I still had it; like you say, the galvanized ones were sturdy. My grandma had a galvanized wahtub that I would play in on hot summer days when I was a kid. Thanks for the memories today.

Valerie said...

Galvanised products were/are everlasting. I had a mop bucket that, when half filled with water, I couldn't lift it. Those were the days!

Hilary said...

It's nice to know that it's become useful again.

claude said...

I love this kind of busket, Larry, and we can always find to those old ones a good use. I have an old enamel pitcher from my grand'ma home.
Now it is a flower pot.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...