Monday, February 10, 2014

Surprised......


I am looking out the window at birds and the plants are sort of in my way.  I glanced over and there is a bud on the amaryllis plant.  It has never bloomed since we received it as a gift but it has put out foliage for two winters.  I took it to the basement late fall and let it dry completely. I brought it up a month ago and all I was seeing is leaves.  It must have shot up in the last week or so and blended in with everything.  I don't really know what color it is suppose to be so that will be a double surprise.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very healthy...can't wait to see the color.

Linda said...

It looks so nice, Larry!

claude said...

Wouaw !
I had one. It has had five flowers and the year after, only leaves. No flowers anymore.

ScrappySandie said...

Nice surprise! Please take more pictures when it blooms! (Thanks!)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.