Monday, June 23, 2014

Birch Bark...........


All seasons make the birch tree to be a real show stopper.  I dug it from the ditch of a property that I owned years ago in Minnesota.  When I planted it, the size of the tree was about five foot tall.  That had to be in the late 70's and I put it in the corner of my yard to be a show tree viewed at the corner of a T intersection. .  All these years later it really has become a wonderful specimen tree.  It is the only birch tree in town of its kind even though a friend of mine bought three clump birch trees to duplicate the look in his yard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree.

Anonymous said...

Larry,
A most excellent capture of one of the most outstand species in the natural landscape. And to know you transplanted and nurtured this beauty makes the connection with the image that much more appealing. – gary

claude said...

Great shot, Larry.
They are six birch trees in my backyard but I never had the idea to shot any of them.
Maybe I'll look at then with different eyes.

Valerie said...

The birch is a wonderful tree... I have one but I certainly didn't plant it. That must have taken some doing to plant a five foot tree.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.