Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bush Cherries........


I was surprised to see cherries on the limbs. I was sad because I have to pick them but I am glad we can make jelly out of them.  It is a bush cherry that I picked up for a small amount of money.  The cherries are actually more seed than cherry pulp.  We squeeze the juice out of them and they make great jelly. 

In the never ending saga of these two bushes, I was going to cut them down this year. They produced for a few years, died out a couple of years back and now they survived the winter with their new growth. I will be picking this morning with the mosquitoes and cool weather. I will keep you up to date.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty.
I've never picked cherries but I remember how hot and time consuming it is to pick blueberries.

Love the new photos of AJ; he is really growing.

Anonymous said...

Larry,

There is only one word that comes to mind on viewing this latest capture, “Luscious” – gary

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.