Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wren at Work.......


The house is in use this year with the wren coming and going quickly to feed her young.  I hope they like moths as she picked it up from the apple tree right next to the shed.





The house was put up to be decoration as I thought the hole looked too small for a bird.  A student at school had made it and then tossed it into the dumpster after it had been graded.  I painted the roof of the house and nailed it together with some bigger nails as it was a little flimsy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shot. I liked your story about the babies being fed a moth! Seems like that would be very dry!!!

I hope we can put out some birdhouses next year.

claude said...

So cute.
I have baby wrens also.
The nest is in a plant hanged under the porch. The last time the nest was in a small birdhouse we brought back from Martinique Island, hanged under the porch too.

Jeevan said...

Lovely capture on the bird’s house! I too have one yet to be fixed

Valerie said...

Brilliant photograph, Larry. Wren's are favourites with me. They once made a nest in a flower basket on the house wall. I was so thrilled to have them there.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...