Friday, September 26, 2014

Monarch Surprise........


I went out to the garden with my camera as I could see the butterfly out there fluttering on some zinnias. I really didn't think I would get one picture but I did.  The monarchs are probably not going to migrate through here this year as they haven't for three years now.  They seem to be following the Missouri River now as they head to Mexico.  I would wonder if the stray monarchs don't somehow join up with the migration some time along their way south.  I was glad the butterfly landed on one of the better looking flowers. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this incredible photo! Have a nice day.

Valerie said...

An obliging butterfly to land on one of your best flowers. The two together made a pretty picture.

Jeevan said...

Beautiful capture!! Glad the butterfly decided to stray the garden to provide a wonderful photo opportunity for you.

A Colorful World said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I just can't seem to get any butterfly photos!

The Furry Gnome said...

Hey, great to see a monarch!

claude said...

Wonderful butterfly.
A french friend who lives in North Carolina has painted one for me and she send her painting in a beautiful frame.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

claude said...

You can see my monarch
here

Caroline Gill said...

A stunning butterfly indeed, Larry! I have seen pretty similar ones in Greece, which from memory were called Tiger somethings! You can read about them here ... Thank you for your kind comments over on W&W!

Caroline Gill said...

P.S. Hope link worked ... 'preview' failed to show that bit of my comment!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...