Friday, October 31, 2014

Freezing Time of the Year..........


Last night was the last night that I had to get the flowers brought inside.  I carried in two large planters of agapanthus plants and then started cutting flowers.  The resulting bouquet made me question why I hadn't been bringing in zinnias all summer.  The antique glass vase of my wife's holds a very nice bouquet of rescued blooms. I have two dahlia blooms in the bouquet also.  My wife and I also brought in the last of the rose buds that were about to bloom. Maybe I will show photos of them later.


6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful flowers, Larry! I've got to dig carrots and dahlias today. I hope my carrots will be okay with me waiting until next Monday to can them. Any thoughts on that? I've got a busy weekend ahead. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

Anonymous said...

How colorful and cheerful the bouquet is in the pretty vase.

Valerie said...

Those flowers are wonderful, Larry. I wonder why Zinnias always make me smile.

Ruby said...

Oh wow!! A very lovely bouquet! I just discovered your other two blogs. I have only been following the painting blog :)

Jeevan said...

You got absolutely wonderful blossoms of colourful flowers! They lovely adorn the antique glass vast that’s elegant in itself.

ScrappySandie said...

Beautiful blooms!

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.