Monday, June 1, 2015

Mock Orange........


The mock orange bush is putting out a great fragrance with its many blooms.  It is an old shrub that was old and large when I bought the place in 1976.  It thins out and new branches do form.  It is the only one left in the neighbor hood.  Two other neighbors had the bushes and they have through the years cut them down.  On guy planted a house addition on top of the place where his was growing.  The other neighbor systematically eliminated all the ornamental bushes one every couple of years.  I guess he just wanted grass. The former owner liked to landscape and had a large variety of bushes that are all now gone. I do go over and tell the owners that they can not cut down the magnolia tree as it took over 30 years to grow and it is a novelty in this town.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already told you how much I love mock orange, so I will simply say that you took a marvelous photo.

Betsy Brock said...

That is beautiful! I want one!

The Furry Gnome said...

One of my favourites, such a beautiful smell.

Valerie said...

Lovely picture. The perfume of these flowers makes me want to keep sniffing at them.

Jeevan said...

Trees are cut down everywhere without limits... and no matter how old or endanger they are. Glad you decided to sustain the trees :) Lovely orange blossoms

A Colorful World said...

It's a lovely bloom! I had mock orange in my wedding bouquet! Love the fragrance!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...