Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bottle Buddies.......


My dysfunctional flower box serves as a catch all for antique bottles.  The canning jars have been removed from the pile and they are now in the basement in antique bottle location. The last three are standing in a row ready for their owner to determine their fate. I have never noticed before but the Canada Dry bottle is one of the oldest type of pop bottle.  I assume that it is 8 ounces.  The next one over is a Mountain Dew bottle with the hillbilly on the side of it. Both of those are going to go for a trip in a truck to landfill city.  The taller one I can not identify.  They all came from my dad's garage and even though they are old I don't place any value on them anymore. I use to have them as an art teacher for still life sketching.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I really like this picture... it made me think I should look around for things other than the garden to photograph.

Anonymous said...

Your old bottles bring back memories from childhood. My friend, Sherry, and I would ride our bikes to the corner store for a bottle of ice cold pop!
I just looked on ebay and there are folks who pay for bottles like this. Anywhere from $10 to $50. Perhaps, you could see if a local antique shop would trade you something you like.

Anonymous said...

They had their purpose you said at one time. Like all things. We have to declutter sooner or later. I have been doing that for weeks now with my art supplies. Most have gone to the good will in town as our art store is closing in Sept. So may first artist I know will be happy to have mine.


Very humid here for a week or so. So I am inside till it becomes nice to walk outside.


Betsy Brock said...

I collect old bottles, too! I have slimmed down my collection this year, though, and put about 100 of them in my etsy shop. They have sold very well, so there must be a lot of us bottle collectors out there! I like the way yours look in that flower box...the perfect spot for them!

Cranberry Morning said...

I like the photo, Larry. Could the tall one be a Worcestershire bottle? Ii it took me a while before I could part with some of my homeschooling supplies. I took photos of the huge timeline of world history we'd made over many years, then was finally able to let go of it.:-)

Karen said...

I have fond memories of going to the corner grocery and fishing a bottle of pop out of a cooler full of ice when I was a kid. Sometimes the drink would have ice crystals inside!

Jeevan said...

Cool bottles and nice arrange from small to big!

Bouquet