Monday, August 10, 2015

One Squirrel, Two Shots........



With all the young squirrels that were born in our trees, only just a few are still around. I don't know the behaviors of squirrels that well but I am assuming that they become territorial when older so they had to fan out into the neighborhood.  We have this one young one who still is not to frightened of humans.  I can go out the back door and it will be sitting on the roof just over my shoulder looking down at me.  It is trying to decide if I am a threat or not and then he scurries off.

3 comments:

Jeevan said...

I think squirrels are friendly species and I know some who had pet with them... excellent capture at both images.

Anonymous said...

The family home where Karen and I grew up had several pecan trees and we had a lot of squirrels. I remember one in particular who would sit on the brick ledge of the den window. We teased that he was looking over daddy's shoulder reading the newspaper! Hope you both feel better today. I have new eyeglasses, so my head/neck are getting a workout! lol

claude said...

Very good ! I love squirrels.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...