Friday, September 18, 2015

Apple Picking Day........


Standing on a stepladder gives me a different perspective of the trees.  I have been picking up apples as they have dropped but it immediately gives them that one bruise.  I picked more than we can use right now but once I got started I decided to stay on it.  The gray coating on the apples seems to wash off with a scrub brush and I really don't know what causes it.  I cleaned up all the apples before I would give them away and they looked like a shiny yellow cooking apple.



I keep my camera in my shorts pocket so I can take a shot while I am falling.  I went over and picked from the tree these red apples.  I have been admiring them for quite some time.  When I picked them I found them to be small and also bugs were putting holes in them.  This apple would not be one that I would recommend.  I didn't get many apples from this tree as they seem to rot instantly when they fall on the ground.  Ants and slugs attacked these apples immediately.








The red apples looked this good when I looked up at them.  All those apples are now in that bucket.  Some fell to the ground while I was picking them and they weren't in that good of shape with bugs eating on them while on the tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love apples. You be careful!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.