Friday, September 11, 2015

Blue........


A bluejay feather caught my eye laying on the ground in the alley.  I have never seen one where the blue colors and markings on only on one half of the feather.  While on the bird, I assume the layers of them make the bird blue and the underside part of the overlap is black or dark gray.  I like the white tip on it.


The natural surroundings make for a better backdrop for the feather than the created one by me in the top photo. I haven't been seeing bluejays around for a while so one must be out there and it did shed a feather. The dark part of the feather does make the blue to be so much more bright in color.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I would love to see a blue jay. We get a lot of the black and white ones but never blue. They seem to shed a lot of feathers.

Jeevan said...

Great perspective on its feather... with just one part being blue, how nature makes them appear almost blue is amazing!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.