Thursday, September 3, 2015

Leader of the Pack.....


The harvest of tomatoes has been a disappointing one.  With the number of plants that I have I should have sinks full of tomatoes.  We have a lot when you see this counter but a lot of them have been picked and left here to ripen. There are not many left on the vine.  The heirloom tomato plant has put out six or less tomatoes but they are a good tomato.

The lighting was bad for this shot but it did give it a consistent yellow glow. The dirt on the counter is real.  The counter that I put in 3o years ago is probably considered cheap by some but it still looks good and has been a great product for our needs. I had to bring in the tomatoes as some insect, maybe the grasshopper, is eating chunks out of the tomatoes.

The positive thing of this is that we have had a lot of great bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches on toast. The were especially good with my wife's potato salad and also fresh sweetcorn.

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

yum....one of my favorite things about summer!

Anonymous said...

We love bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches. We have a mom and pop restaurant about 10 min. from home that serves fresh corn as one of their veg. selections on Thursday. I usually pick up to-go plates on Thursday for lunch and I get TWO servings of corn!
Your tomato photo makes me hungry.

Jeevan said...

They look delicious and healthier... It is believed what invites insects are good and less chemical.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...