Squirrel

Squirrel

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Swallowtail Sighting.......


It has been a couple of years since I have even seen this swallowtail variety. This one is the only one in the garden right now.  It did me a big favor by landing on the nearest and largest coneflower and staying for a feast. I had run into the house to get the camera and I was not sure it would every be back.  I really appreciated the butterfly's cooperation.

The back wings have a stained glass window design on them.  I will be anxious to see if there will be more.  I have zinnias just now opening and I already know that they like my coneflowers.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

How wonderful is that. All I get in my garden are white butterflies that are too fast to identify.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful clear picture!

Mildred said...

you amaze me with these butterfly pics. Gorgeous!