Monday, August 21, 2017

Timid but Hungry......


I was sneaking around to get a shot and my motion would scare them away quickly.  I had my doubts at first that I would ever get a shot.  While my wife and I sat out on the deck Sunday afternoon we could see the hummingbird wars going on, as they chased each other out of the zinnia patch. I doubt I ever get a shot of one on a zinnia but it is fun to see them feeding there.


So last evening and this morning I was able to get some shots. I end up peaking around the edge of a window at a pretty close range.  I forget that the feeder is at a second story level abut that doesn't seem to bother them at all. We do look down from the back though and see them fly all their maneuvers.  I did see them trying to get nectar from the blooms on the basil herbs. I have yet to see one with a red band on its neck but there is still time.

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great shots!

Jeevan said...

wow! superb capture and glad you able to shoot them... nice detail

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.